Zebra Loans is a responsible lender and we’re completely up-front and transparent about our short term loan service, what it will cost you and what’s involved.
As a responsible lender we would firstly encourage any borrower to look at alternative options before taking out a short term loan. Our loans are designed to be used in case of an emergency, such as an unforeseen medical bill, emergency vehicle repairs, or other unexpected costs that take you by surprise.
If you are already in debt, we would advise you not to take out a Zebra loan. This will only increase your financial responsibilities. Talk to the Citizens Advice Bureau or get budgeting advice from a service like sorted.org.nz.
If you are borrowing to repay debt or pay bill arrears, check with the creditor first to see if you can work out a payment plan with them. Explore all your options before you apply for a Zebra Loan.
Why Zebra is a Responsible Lender
We do our utmost to ensure our loans are fair and reasonable via our responsible lending practices:
- You may be able to borrow between $100 and $500 on your first loan and up to $1,000 on subsequent loans, subject to our lending criteria.
- Our criteria requires you to be in ongoing employment and earn over $400 per week net.
- Your income must not derive from benefits, self employment, your pension, or disability benefit.
- We ensure that you never have to repay more than 25% of your net pay each pay period to ensure you can afford to repay your loan.
- New regulations require us to ask you for the purpose of the loan. As a responsible lender we may not accept your reason as a sufficient purpose to approve your loan.
- We are transparent about the interest charged and all the fees applicable which are set out in our costs of borrowing.
- We provide an easy to use loan calculator that helps you calculate how much you can borrow and exactly how much it will cost, how much interest you will pay, the amount of fees, the number of repayments and the full repayment amount.
Got Questions about our loans?