Loan Requirements

At Zebra Loans, we know it can be difficult to plan for small emergencies. Whether it’s urgent car repairs, emergency dental work or you want to take advantage of an early payment discount, Zebra can help you.

Hero Image

You may be eligible for a cash loan between $100 – $1,000, even if you have bad credit. Our criteria requires you to be in ongoing employment and earn over $400 per week net. Your income must not derive from benefits, self employment, your pension, or disability benefit.

In order to qualify for a Zebra Loan, you will need to meet the following criteria:

  • You need to be at least 18 years of age
  • You need to live in New Zealand
  • You need to be earning at least $400 net pay per week
  • You need to be in permanent employment (as an employee of that company)
  • You need to have an active bank account (for at least one pay cycle)
  • Your pay needs to be electronically transferred into your bank account regularly
  • You need to have access to a computer
  • You need to have an active email address so Zebra can communicate with you via email
  • You need to own a mobile phone -this way we can also communicate by text which includes sending you a verification code (a security feature of our service) so you can complete your application
  • You need to complete the online application

If this is your first time using Zebra you will be required to provide ID.

If you are providing a NZ driver’s license you will be able to enter those details on the online application form. Please ensure you provide both the Driver’s License Number (5a) and the Version Number (5b). If you do not have a driver’s license you must supply one of the following (a scanned copy will suffice):

  • NZ passport – can be current or expired within the last 2 years, but cannot be cancelled, defaced or mutilated
  • Overseas passport (must be current)
  • NZ Refugee Travel Document
  • NZ Emergency Travel Document
  • NZ Firearms License

Send a copy to our office at Please quote your application number in the subject.

You must provide one form of primary non-photo ID and one form of supporting photo ID. These can be:

  • Primary non-photo ID
  • NZ Full Birth Certificate
  • Foreign Citizenship Certificate
  • Foreign Birth Certificate

AND one of the following:

  • Supporting photo ID
  • International Driving Permit
  • HANZ 18+ Card
  • NZ Educational Institute issued card – only a local NZ Education Institute issued card, from the local region

Should you apply if you already have debt?

If you are already in debt, we would advise you not to take out a Zebra loan. This will only increase your financial responsibilities. You should talk to the Citizens Advice Bureau or go to for budgeting advice.

Zebra Loans Logo